Tigernut Spanish Horchata Milk
- 1 cup Health and Harvest Tigernuts (activated)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 tbsp. organic maple syrup
- To activate the Tigernuts, let them soak for a minimum of 12 hours in a bowl of cold water in the fridge. Make sure the water is completely covering them. Once activated, they should plump up and be soft enough to chew.
- Drain the soaked Tigernuts in a colander. Rinse well and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of filtered water to boil.
- With a food processor, blend the activated Tigernuts with 1 cup of hot water and pulse to break them up until they have formed a white paste.
- Scrape out into a heat safe bowl, add the rest of the water and maple syrup, stir, and let it sit for 2 hours.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with a layer of cheesecloth and place in a large heat safe bowl.
- Pour Tigernut water mixture into the strainer, and gather the ground Tigernut meal with the cheesecloth, before squeezing the liquid out. You might want to press hard against the strainer with a spoon to try and get out any remaining liquid.
- Remove the strainer and cool the mixture to room temperature before storing in the fridge for up to four days.
Other recipes you may like